Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like......

Christmas! In case you aren't in the know, one of the hottest spots on the web surrounding the big "shopping kick-off" which, in case you haven't been paying attention is quickly approaching, is Black Friday@ GottaDeal.com. Seriously, go check it out. I have been reading this website for as long as I've been on the internets (we won't talk about how long that is), and seriously, I've saved a bunch of cash because of it. My favorite improvement that they've made over the past few years is the addition of the online Black Friday sales. I scored some great stuff last year for the kids for CHEAP. Stuff I wouldn't have bought otherwise (a Zune MP3 player for Mr. Man and a Nintendo DS for Ms. Thang). Granted, I stayed up LATE, but in my opinion, it was better than having to go out and drown in the mobs of shoppers.

Starting in August, the site becomes a buzz of people discussing what they think the hottest trends will be for the season, (check out the official BlackFriday@gottadeal.com's trend list here) and posting and discussing the state of the economy and dissecting each Black Friday ad as it gets posted. Some years it gets ugly and stores send Cease and Desist orders to have their ad taken down, but most stores appreciate the sales they get due to having their ad up and don't mind so much. Around Halloween, or early November, the ads start going up and the list making begins. I like that I can click on all the stores and compare. Some stores offer "online only" specials that you wouldn't otherwise know about (Walmart.com did this last year and the year before if I remember right) and some store ads list what items from their Black Friday ad can be purchased online for the same low price.

With the economy being shaky and the price of everything being so high this year, I plan to start my Christmas shopping in the next week or so. I will do family gifts and stuff like that, but I always wait to watch the big sales before I start my shopping for the kids and the Boy. Doesn't everyone love a deal???

2 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Definitely and I TOTALLY hate shopping so internet shopping is definitely the way to go for me!

ktb38 said...

that site is awesome! For Christmas, I'm buying most presents online. The rest I'm making.